Friday, July 12, 2013

Columbus Liked Change Too

I'm feeling a little light on motivation in regard to finding a vocation I can exercise my creativity more. But I can't quite pinpoint the reason for this uncharacteristic lack of motivation. As you might have read in my last post, I feel like I'm always wanting some type of change in my life, because without change, well life just seems flat.

Which brings me to this analogy I thought of...
Most of us know the Christopher Columbus story, albeit partly a myth--but to summarize the story:  Chris sailed the ocean blue in 1492 to prove the earth was round (not flat) and that's when he 'discovered' America for the Europeans. It took courage and an adventurous spirit to go on such an ominous voyage without really knowing what was out there. The payoff was huge--um, earth=rOund (so many NEW possibilities!); unknown territory=later known to be America (again, so many NEW and exciting possibilities!).

My point is, if we don't get out there and challenge ourselves through change and discovery, life will always seem flat.  And I believe change opens our minds and helps us deal with the unexpected better than if we stay with what we know--a ball can bounce back from anything way better inflated (round) than flat. You can see my extraverted intuition is in full swing today like a true INFP...which means I still haven't figured out my lack of incentive for the job search process. But it's okay because life is still beautiful!!

How do you feel about change? Is it something you welcome or do you shy away from 'different'? I would love to hear your thoughts. Until next time...

xo
elly

No comments:

Post a Comment

want email updates?